On the 28th of November 1876, The Presentation
Sisters rented three houses in Westbourne Terrace, near
the Coastguard Station, setting up a temporary convent
and primary school. In just one year 64 girls became
the first pupils enrolled and placed into our school
rolla. Quickly the school grew to 230 local girls, with
a makeshift shed built to house the growing school numbers.
In 1891 a new National School was
built and served us well until 1975 when we moved to
our present site. The first sod was turned on the Scoil
Bhríde site in August 1973 with our school officially
opened in March 1975.